Don't look too close at this quilt, I think it is full of mistakes. It's the first patchwork that I have done and I made my own binding. It measures 35" X 35". Good size for a baby. I just could not line up the seams and only went on direction on the machine quilting part. I was not going to attempt going across, was afraid of the puckers I would make. The top is all seersucker scraps and the yellow backing is a soft linen (I think), another scrap piece of fabric. Its a very soft quilt. My family thinks I did a good job, me...I need a lot more practice on making quilts. And I will be getting more practice, Sewing Club as been asked by BH if we could make quilts/blankets, pillows and pillow cases to send with the kids when they leave BH. So the group wants each member to make between 5 and 10 quilts/blankets (different sizes) an year. Well, here is my first one. Next meeting I will get a full review on how I did from the other members (and they will be honest).
Size 3 carpi pants with top and purse.
Size 4 boys pants.
1 Thomas the tank engine pillow case.
Here is another quilt I made for Taos. Instead DH wants me to make more quilts for here and take the store bought blankets to Taos. This one is full of mistakes and puckers. I did not do a binding, just folded over the backing. With the white strip it was a bit easier with seams.
This little guy was on our grill. We hatched about 500 in our class room this year. That was scary as they were on my desk, none got out but it was creepy.
Had a dental appointment for a crown today, but once again it was cancelled. (4th time)
Not sure if to look for another dentist or what to do. Anyway after cleaning up the house and more purging (my summer goal-get rid of stuff) I will sew. The BH kids need shorts, its hot over here.
Till next time.